Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hello and Welcome to The Lane Chronicles

Hello, my name is Ms. Lane and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as I will be your child's teacher this school year. I am looking forward to getting to know your child and working directly with him/her in the classroom. Together we will further facilitate his/her exploration, learning, and discoveries.

Our Lane Chronicles Blog has been created for students to share their writing pieces. Students will concentrate on narrative, expository, persuasive and technical writing. Students will explore the power of personal expression as we tap into our creative writing side utilizing the Six Traits of Writing; Ideas and Content, Organization, Voice, Word Choice, Sentence Fluency and Conventions.

All writers, journalers and storytellers will report and learn about the 5 W's and H of Journalism, interviewing, photo captions and news story writing. We will be submitting news story adventures and photos to local newspapers for consideration. We will create a Writing Portfolio that will further demonstrate these expanding skills.

News Stories work best with photos - jpeg files to be e-mailed to slane@ridgelineacademy.org - Three or four of your favorite photos is best to send around an event or story. As always, feel free to send me any questions or comments to my e-mail, or phone line at Ridgeline Academy.

Visit more stories at www.deervalleytimes.com

Thank you, Ms. Lane

37 comments:

  1. Hi, this Jilly- What I like most about Ridgeline is that I get to sit whare ever I want at lunch,I like having a great teacher, and having a great group of friends.What I am most proud of when I went to Summit with my cheer team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI THIS IS DANIELA

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI THIS IS DANIELA :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI THIS IS DANIELA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this is kittens
    what I like about Ridgeline is art,P.E,Spanish and music. I'm proud of my life. If I principal there would be no homework and you can do whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi its me shay shay i finally got a google account. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are going to have a lot of fun with this web site. I think it is more fun than Khan don't you Mrs.lane. and be honest because I am.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. by the way this is to cool for school this is the best class ever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I am kittens. What I like about Ridgeline Academy is specials.I'm proud of my grades. If I was Principal for one day there would be no homework and you can do whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi this is Daniela hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi this is Daniela, hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Ms.Lane its Mikey call me squrriel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hay miss.lane its Johnny, but call me LUWE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hay miss.lane is Johnny, but call me LUWE

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ms.Lane this is Natalie. What I like about Ridgeline Academy is the teachers cause there nice and fun.What Im proud of is making it to fifth grade.If you made me Principal there wouldn't be homework and no work at all.Thank you for listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you spell im like this i'm. I like how you said thank you at the end.

      Delete
  17. Limited Edition Arthur Hello my name is Arthur, and my school is Ridgeline academy. I like Ridgeline's teachers,principle,and nurse and lunch time.I was proud of almost honorroll last year.If I was principle for one day I make it so if you want to bring,a pet to show and tell anyday you can.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Blogger by: Holden T.
    Hi my name is Holden. I like to go to Ridgeline Academy because I have the best teacher, Ms. Lane. If I was Principal I would make everyone play video games. I would also let everyone play outside as long as they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to be more descriptive like what type of games. I like how you complemented Ms Lane.

      Delete
  19. The Blogger by: Holden T.
    Hi my name is Holden. I like to go to Ridgeline Academy because I have the best teacher, Ms. Lane. If I was Principal I would make everyone play video games. I would also let everyone play outside as long as they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hay miss.lane its me Johnny
    i na have two gmails so it will be Johnny, and LUWE
    but call me LUWE

    ReplyDelete